Call today for an appointment: 802-229-2663
Hear from Green Mountain patients in their own words!
Tell us what you think of your experience with Green Mountain!
Learn More About Orthopedics With Our Interactive Patient Education Guide!
Prevent knee pain and injury with some simple steps
In the News
Green Mountain Orthopaedic Surgery
in Berlin, Vermont brings you up-to-date news about the latest developments in orthopaedics and our practice.
- Green Mountain Orthopaedic Surgery wishes to reassure our patients that we have not used the type of injectable steroids or other medications that are included in this recall. For more information click here.
- Dr. Meriam and his family recently ran in Toronto's Run for the Cure to help raise awareness and money for research in the ongoing fight against breast cancer! Check out some photos here.
- It is October and it is that time of year again!! THINK PINK is in full swing at GMOS. For every pink cast a patient receives, GMOS will donate $10 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. If you would like to donate directly, please go to our donation page.
- August 2012 - GMOS is now doing Ultrasound Guided Injections ... what does this mean?
Over the last several years the use of ultrasound in sports and orthopedic medicine has grown rapidly. When most people think of ultrasound in medicine, they immediately think of obstetricians looking at growing babies in the uterus with fetal ultrasounds, or cardiologists performing echocardiograms to assess the heart. But...cutting edge sports medicine physicians, like ours at Green Mountain Orthopaedic Surgery, are starting to use ultrasound to guide injections to make them more accurate and effective.
While many injections traditionally are performed "blind," without the help of ultrasound or fluoroscopic guidance, studies have shown the poor accuracy rate of these blind injections. Performing injections under ultrasound guidance helps ensure accurate needle placement and medication delivery. This improves both patient comfort and treatment efficacy. It also helps avoid placing the needle in nearby dangerous structures such as nerve, blood vessels, or other organs. Learn more under Non-Surgical Procedures.
- You may have seen a recent report on NBC news regarding the use of metal on metal hip implants. Dr. Bean and Dr. Meriam use only Stryker Accolade implants which are ceramic. For several years, they have been aware of the downside to using metal on metal implants and, therefore, do not use any of these type of implants on their hip replacement patients.
- It is that time of year again! October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and GMOS will be doing our pink cast campaign to raise money for the cure! For every pink cast that a patient gets, we will donate $5 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. If you would like to donate directly for our team, please click here. Team name is GMOS and the Team Captain is Rachel Brace, our Practice Manager.
- September 2011 - Green Mountain Orthopaedic Surgery will no longer be seeing patients for foot problems unless there is a traumatic injury or it is specifically sports medicine related. The access to musculoskeletal care in our community necessitates this change. The providers of GMOS want to ensure that the musculoskeletal needs are being met and that patients with orthopedic issues are being seen in a timely manner. We hope that this change helps our patients to be seen sooner!
- Dr. Brian Aros will be leaving GMOS as of September 1st, 2011.
- GMOS is thrilled to announce the addition of Deborah Sylvester, NP to our provider staff! Deb recently obtained her Nurse Practioner's license and will be joining us in September. Prior to joining Green Mountain Orthopaedic Surgery, Deb worked as a Registered Nurse in the Central Vermont Medical Center's operating room. She is also a certified Athletic Trainer. She is a great addition to our team!
- August 2011 - Green Mountain Orthopaedic Surgery is on Facebook! Check out our page for the latest happenings at GMOS, testimonials of patients, events and more!
- August 2011 - We all experience knee pain from time to time coming down a trail, but how do you know when it's something that you should see a doctor for? What are the common causes of knee pain for hikers? What are some treatment options? Dr. Christian Bean tapped for article in August issue of Vermont Sports Magazine to answer these questions. Check it out online or pick up a copy!
- June 2011 - Green Mountain Orthopaedic Surgery now offering Exos Casting for certain types of wrist, hand and thumb injuries. Exos braces, splints and casts are thermoformable and are prepared for application using a waterless, dry-heat preparation system. For more information - check out their website.
- May 2011 - GMOS supports the Vermont Governor's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports by participating in this years Vermont Corporate Cup! Green Mountain Orthopaedic Surgery had both running and walking teams.
- May 2011 - Green Mountain Orthopaedic Surgery proudly sponsors the Vermont Mountaineers! GMOS has sponsored our VT team for many years and are also the team sports doctors.
- April 2011 - Dr. Christopher Meriam offering Anterior Hip Replacement surgery - one of the least invasive surgical options for hip replacement patients.
- February 2011 - Dr. Brian Aros publishes article in prestigious Sports Health Journal on the topic of Allograft vs. Autograft ACL Reconstruction. Sports Health is a collaborative publication by the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, and the National Athletic Trainers' Association.
- December 2010 - GMOS named the Official Team Doctors for Vermont Frost Heaves. The Frost Heaves play serious and competitive basketball in a family friendly environment. Go Heaves!
- December 2010 - The "Giving Tree" is a holiday tradition at GMOS. We collect hats, gloves, scarves and mittens for individuals in our community who are in need. Happy Holidays!
- October was Breast Cancer Awareness Month! For every pink cast a patient received in October GMOS donated $5 to Susan G. Komen Foundation!
- September 17, 2010 - Dr. Aros passes certification exam by American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- May 20, 2010 - GMOS’ teams successfully complete the Vermont Corporate Cup Challenge
- March 2010 - Dr. Christian Bean completes training and certification to administer Xiaflex as an alternative treatment for Dupuytrens Contracture.
- February 22, 2010 - Orthopaedic surgeons certified in Sports Medicine
- Dr. Meriam Recertified By American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- February, 2010 - Dr. Meriam Helping in Haiti blog and photos